Re: [Debconf-team] wanted: intelligent barcode scanners

On Thu, 2006-01-26 at 00:14 +0100, Andreas Schuldei wrote:
> the company with these cool programmable wifi barcode scanners
> http://amltd.com can not lend us any for debconf6.
>
> could you guys try to turn up something similar elsewhere, so
> that i can approach them and ask them to GIVE THEM TO US?
>
> i will be traveling and wont have best net connection in the next
> couple of days.
>
> just follow up on this mail with URLs etc.

I know of these, but I am not sure if they have any models running on
free software:

http://www.handheld.com/

I developed some software for them at work last year. What software is
needed to run on the device?

Also, I heard of java libraries which turn the camera of a mobile phone
into a barcode scanner - I never worked with these, though, but it's
probably easier to get a bunch of phones then expensive special devices.

Henning