Re: [Debconf-team] Unfinished tasks from DebConf6

On Wed, Jul 26, 2006 at 12:11:27PM +0300, Fabian Fagerholm wrote:
> In the end, it appears that Andreas has been selected as the culprit.
> Has he made mistakes? Of course. But to map the failures of DebConf6
> onto him alone is simply hiding your head in the sand. DebConf is a team
> effort. When it fails, the failure is due to the team, not a single
> person.

I don't understand the claim that DebConf 6 failed. That wasn't my
perception at all -- it had problems, certainly; every conference
does. But I definitely think that it served a few valuable purposes:
people learnt things at the talks, developed some good plans for future
development at the BOFs, had useful discussions over meals, fixed bugs
and came up with new features in the hacklabs, enjoyed pancakes, indian
cuisine, cheeses, wines, tequilla, and beers, and some even learnt
to tango.

So I don't think it's reasonable to blame either Andreas or the team as
a whole for DebConf 6 failing -- because it didn't.

Cheers,
aj