Re: [Debconf-team] Unfinished tasks from DebConf6

* Joerg Jaspert (joerg@debconf.org) [060725 22:50]:
> On 10726 March 1977, Andreas Schuldei wrote:
>
> >> 	Could we still ask Andreas help on these [1]list? I think it
> >> should be a good way to have a more complete list and to find out
> >> the right status of each task. Perhaps Andreas could help us to
> >> finish the DebConf6 tasks (even off-list or in some other way).
> > with authority comes responsibility.
>
> Yup, which you took/had for DC6... This is still DC6 work.
>
> > i suggest that those that took away the authority
>
> The team did not took it away, you resigned.

Some (or all?) in the team took it, as well as others outside the
team. A team leader gets authority from the team which follows
and trusts the leader and/or expresses support when the authority
of the leader is in question. Also see "dict authority".

A removal of a delegation is also an expression of distrust and
removal of authority and of course also the responsibility.

In this case the lack of trust in the leader does not start or
end in making a sound decision (not alone but together with
others) about which would be the best location for the next conf,
it also was about personal leadership, ability to change and take
critique, and being objective and perhaps even benevolent.

So the removed authority (and corresponding responsibility) was
in no way only limited to the debconf7 location but rather about
debconf in general.

I am sure there are people who disagree with that, but then it is
my perception that counts in this regard, because it is also my
time and my engery.