Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf8, 9++ locations...

Hi,

Generally, thanks for your responses. With this I wanted to evaluate
the relative cost of getting to different places within Japan, so that
I can have some value to work on deciding which place should be best
suited. (i.e. the results indicate I should be using Tokyo or Kansai
unless the other places provide venues that are cheaper by
500$/person)

> Sadly, it seems that all the flights go through the USA (or are
> absurdly more expensive), so it means many people will have to get a
> visa that is often denied. Even flights originating in the
> southernmost countries (Chile, Argentina) are listed through the USA,
> although probably they could get something via Australia.

Most of people from Japan who attended Debconf in Mexico went through
Canada, and that wasn't too expensive compared to other options.
Wouldn't that option be available?

regards,
	junichi
--