Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf8, 9++ locations...

Junichi Uekawa dijo [Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 01:38:04AM +0900]:
> I'd like to have some helping hands do some research on how
>
> Tokyo (Narita, NRT)
> Hokkaido (Chitose airport, CTX)
> Kansai (KIX)
> Okinawa (OKA)
>
> will cost around this time of year from around the world (using cheap
> airlines).  This information is hard to get at from my POV.

I'm searching using August 20 - September 3, as most sites do not
provide for pricing tickets over 11 months in advance.

I did just an easy search... I wanted to give you prices for a number
of Latin American important airports, after checking Lima and Panamá,
which are ~US$1000 more expensive than Mexico (a flight to Mexico from
Perú is ~US$700, from Panamá ~US$500), I decided there is no point in
using the search sites I've been trying :-/

	 Mexico City
	 MEX
NRT	 1234
CTS	 1386
KIX	 1239
OKA	 1408

Sadly, it seems that all the flights go through the USA (or are
absurdly more expensive), so it means many people will have to get a
visa that is often denied. Even flights originating in the
southernmost countries (Chile, Argentina) are listed through the USA,
although probably they could get something via Australia.

Greetings,

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23