Re: [Debconf-team] "Global" favourite

David Moreno Garza dijo [Fri, Jul 07, 2006 at 08:33:22PM -0500]:
> Ditto.
>
> I'm quite surprised here, also. I started to search also for some
> flights from Latin America and I found a price (yes again, roughly
> search) for around $1950, which is just too much to SJJ, via United
> on MEX-IAD-VIE-SJJ, compared to around $1100 for MEX-EWR-EDI in
> Continental. Any of those represent a problem also for people not
> holding an American visa and having to fly directly to Europe which
> would make the prices even higher. So in most of the ways, it's a
> difficult thing for us to travel to DebConf.
>
> Is there any kind of suggestion for people down here by the bid teams?

Umh... Whatever we choose, I strongly suggest you _not_ to take a
flight that goes through the USA - Not only it will be +- at the same
price (flights to major European hubs depart daily from Mexico, and
I'm sure that will also be the case for major South American cities),
but it's considerably less hassle.

Ouch, electricity went out. Saving mail. See you later :-/

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23