Re: [Debconf-team] "Global" favourite

> 	Please, do so! More information about prices will help a
> lot. Can you check both to EDI and SJJ?

Not sure that a plane+train option is really worth it for EDI.

When it comes at travel, I can bet that travelling to Sarajevo or
Edinburgh from outside Europe is actually not much more expensive than
travelling to one of the major European hubs (London, Paris,
Amsterdam, Frankfurt) through one of the major airline companies
alliances.

Or at least not much more expensive than flying to Helsinki which
required going through one of these hubs for most of you guys from
outside Europe.

On the other hand, fly *from* Europe to EDI or SJJ is much more
different. Even if we're talking about completely different scale for
prices (700 to 1200EUR for overseas flights while internal Europe is
100-300EUR range), places where low cost companies fly to have a big
advantage. And here, EDI clearly wins.

So, the money saving would be on funding the travel costs for
Europeans, not for overseas people.

This is why the option mentioned by aba is interesting. Compensating
the probably higher travel costs for SJJ by a mixed plane+train
solution through places like Vienna or Budapest (which can be reached
with low cost airlines) is interesting.

A train solution for EDI is not worth it, IMHO. Train costs are known
to be quite expensive in the UK (thanks, Maggie, for destroying the
British rail system). And on the other hand, there *are* low cost
airlines to Edinburgh.