Re: [Debconf-team] What if you don't get DebConf 7?

On Sat, Jul 08, 2006 at 03:04:13AM +0200, Safir Secerovic wrote:

> Yes, we are going for all or nothing proposal, we believe we are worth and
> more than capable of having a great DebConf7 in Sarajevo. Thank you very much
> for your proposal, but will not settle for less.

I think what bothers me most about this statement is that it doesn't sound
like the team is there to host DebConf for *Debian*, but rather wanting to
host DebConf for *Sarajevo*. And while it's admirable and understandable to
see one with a high sense of nationalism promote his or her homeland, it
really concerns me that the priorities don't seem to be in a "proper" order.

I do hope I misinterpreted that statement and that really wasn't what was
meant.

Patty Langasek
harmoney@dodds.net

At times, you may end up far away from home; you may not be
sure of where you belong, anymore. But home is always
there... because home is not a place. It's wherever your
passion takes you.
                                --- J. Michael Straczynski