Re: [Debconf-team] What if you don't get DebConf 7?

> Yes, we are going for all or nothing proposal, we believe we are worth and
> more than capable of having a great DebConf7 in Sarajevo. Thank you very much
> for your proposal, but will not settle for less.

I personnally regard this as sad. I actually share AJ's feelings. This
is not a "win or lose" game and if you would not get the bid for DC7,
I think you should take this as an opportunity to continue building a
strong local commitment for further bids.

You already achieved a big success, Safir, by turning something which
I personnally was considering as the "dream by one man" to a team
approach and a very valuable proposition.

I actually have a small preference for the Sarajevo bid...but this has
not much value because I don't have all the information and I don't
have the intent to be involved more in Debconf organization.

But, even if the preferences goes for EDI, I would really urge you to
reconsider that "all or nothing" approach. I repeat: your bid is
*already* a success. A few months ago, I think I can say that nearly
no-one was really thinking that you would succeed in presenting
something that we could trust. You have made it and I think that
nearly noone is now believing that the Sarajevo bid is not
thrustworthy.

*That* is a huge success. Don't let it fall down by abandoning. Your
goal, Safir, is to promote Free Software and mostly Debian in
Bosnia. Believe me, that involves working on DC8 or DC9 organization
if you're not chosen for DC7.

About "mud throwing": well, some exchanges recently have not been very
friendly. And I understand you may have taken some questions or
interrogations as quite insulting (I guess mostly the concerns about
the general attitude of people towards women...or the considerations
about the relations between the Islamic Cultural Center and some
allegately terrorist organizations).

Understanding that you or your friends could have been hurted by this
is easy..it was obvious through your reactions and especially the very
inappropriate post about security in UK. Let's be positive: this shows
that you're highly committed to promote your culture and help us
discover it. This also means that you're (sometimes too) enthusiast.

Another argument which should motivate you to *not* give
up if you fail for DC7.