Re: [Debconf-team] What if you don't get DebConf 7?

On Saturday 08 July 2006 02:39, Anthony Towns wrote:
>    <gwolf> sapphire_sjj: If we chose UK, how do you think your crowd would
> take it? <gwolf> Would you still be motivated to push for it on a next
> Debconf? <sapphire_sjj> gwolf, we will not bid again, honestly. you given
> us too much mud at our face, but we are fighting until the decision
>
> is the final word on that score?

When we were first starting to contemplate about this idea of having DebConf7
in Sarajevo, there was just one guy, me on the list for local team. But, as
time passes and I see more and more people joining and more thing get done,
we start looking really as a strong team, each day we get more and more
support, and enthusiasm about this is incredible here, people just want
DebConf7 here. Matej Vela (vela@debian.org), DD from Croatia, whom I never
personally met, came to #debconf-team meeting on wednesday to give us his
support and to side with our team, even though nobody asked him to do so, no
Josip Rodin (joy@debian.org), another DD from Croatia, Croatian Linux Users
Group, Serbian Free Software Associsiation, the whole Balkans is joining us
towards this idea, this is something I never expected. It is like a
reunification of community. Having DebConf7 here would be like having another
Winter Olympics, just an IT FOSS Olympic Games. We, the whole team, are 100%
commited to achieving this goal now! Not next time, I do not want to say
anything about our competition, just want to say, that we are definitely
people you can trust here. I have met many friend at DC5 in Helsinki, as them
all about me. We have no prejudice upon any and we are open for all people.
We intend to prove it to you by having you here next year.

Yes, we are going for all or nothing proposal, we believe we are worth and
more than capable of having a great DebConf7 in Sarajevo. Thank you very much
for your proposal, but will not settle for less.

Regards,
Safir Secerovic
DebConf7 Local Team Leader - Sarajevo bid
--
Dojdov pak tajno moja, zvezda prakam da te povika...