Re: [Debconf-team] alternative ways of funding debconf

* Safir Secerovic (sapphire@linux.org.ba) [060704 21:24]:
> This is true up to a certain point in time, I mean, these venues cannot wait
> for us to choose one of them forever. We would need to make our choice some
> months in advance and sign precontracts which obliges them and us to respect
> what we argee upon.

Please try to not think black and white. i am fully aware of the
whole contact thing and committing. But if we have a choice we
would be silly not to use it. we could very well tell both venues
that the conf will be in sarajevo *and* that there is an other
possible option for us. it will just help them to offer us a
better package and give us the possibility to consider the
options more carefully. making a decision before we have to does
not really help us anything, and they have those timeframes for a
good reason: at that time they need/can to make alternative
plans and still not loose money if they dont pick us. And even IF
they take an other event at a given time we still can move a week
back or forth without any disadvantage to us or to them.

It is not like we should/could wait untill may or june... i was
thining more of beginning of the year 2007.