[Debconf-team] Combined conference possibilities

Debconf planners,

At the SPI meeting today Neil raised the possibility that Debian and
PostgreSQL, both being members of SPI, could hold a joint conference.  I'm
certainly warm to this idea.

However, I understand that the two locations being considered are Edinburgh
and Bosnia.   I just wanted to give you a heads-up that, based on my
judgement, the PostgreSQL project would consider a joint conference in
Edinburgh but not in Bosnia.   This is because both of plane fares and
because of sponsorship opportunities.

Of course, regardless of where you hold the conference, our team might vote
not to do a combined conference.   It's a democracy.   But Neil thought
you should know.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Lead