[Debconf-team] Fwd: Re: DebConf "Legal" BoF continued - lets get it to a Delegation

Subject: Re: DebConf "Legal" BoF continued - lets get it to a Delegation
Date: Friday 09 June 2006 17:19
From: Andreas Schuldei <andreas@schuldei.org>

On Thu, Jun 08, 2006 at 09:31:46PM +0200, Joerg Jaspert wrote:

first of all, thanks for sending this first draft and taking the initiative
 to write down some of the stuff we talked about after your BoF.

> Ok, so lets start with a summarize what was intended with the BoF:
> To have an legal umbrella behind DebConf so we have something
> a.) for the sponsors to deal with, not only some random people out of
>     Debian, something thats the same every year,
>
> b.) a legal status to have own bank account(s), which would allow to
>     have the left-over money from prior DebConfs in one central place
>     and to also get money in advance, in cooperation with the bank(s).
>
> As you may remember the own umbrella didn't work out, people didn't like
> the idea, instead the strongest suggestion was to use the existing
> Debian ones around the world, and have the DPL delegate
> DebConf-Organizers, including the right to deal with the money dedicated
> to DebConf without further DPL interactions.
>

> I want to keep this as short as possible, as the DebConf organization is
> working very well at the moment, and I do not want to interrupt, this
> should just enhance and clarify it.
>
> So, I propose to delegate

I would like to have delegates that have a long time perspective and more
then one debconf under their belt. The last one in mexico was
exceptional regarding some respects in how the organisation and
 implementation went. I want to avoid overreaction and overcompensation to
 misshaps that took place this time.

Fabian and Gunnar were part of debconf5 and know one more debconf
intimatly. You (Jörg) or Neil were mostly involved in the last debconf.