Re: [Debconf-team] Vegetarian/vegan options review

El d�26/04/2006 a 23:14 Gunnar Wolf escribi�

<snip>

> > 3.- ENSALADA DE NOPALES.
> >      SOPA DE FIDEOS.
> >      CHILE RELLENO DE QUESO CON  ARROZ A LA MEXICANA. *
> >      FLAN DE VAINILLA AL CARAMELO. (Has milk)
> >
> > * I believe this plate's main ingredient is cheese, so we can't count
> > on it
>
> It's a large, quite mild chile filled usually with cheese and covered
> (capeado?) with fried egg - Very good. Yes, the cheese can be happily
> substituted by i.e. mushrooms, but if you take the egg coating off it,
> it loses a lot. It's not very suitable for vegans, sadly.

wow if we can make this kind of change (mushrooms) would be interesting.
Personally I'm always full for exploring new vegan food!

> > 5.- ENSALADA A LA AMERICANA DE COL, PIÑA, PASITAS Y CREMA.
> >     ESPAGUETTI  PRIMAVERA CON ZANAHORIA Y CHICHAROS.
> >     PAELLA DE VERDURAS.
> >     PLATANO MACHO RELLENO CON QUESO OAXACA Y FRITO. (*)
> >
> > * Has cheese, the rest is fine. Vegans may want not to take spagetti
> > though.
>
> It is covered with cream and cheese - yes, we can request no cream and
> cheese to be put by default, but just to offer it on demand.

Yes, still solely banana is fine.

> > For vegans:
> > 1.- SOPA MINESTRONE.
> >      TORTITAS DE COLIFLOR EN ESPECIA. (*)
> >      FRIJOLES REFRITOS.
> >      DURAZNOS CON CREMA O ROMPOPE.
> >
> > * Still need to check what the tortitas are made of, but seems ok
>
> Don't think so. "tortitas" usually mean the coliflor(?) is sliced in
> tiny bits, and pasted together with egg.

With a bit of flour (corn/wheat) you can get consistency and taste :)

> > Others:
> > 2.- SOPA DE TORTILLA. (*)
> >      SANDWICH CON AGUACATE, LECHUGA, JITOMATE ADEREZO DE LIMON Y PAPAS
> >           A LA FRANCESA.
> >      PERLAS DE MELON Y SANDIA.
> >
> > * Need to check, but seems a good candidate for vegans also
>
> Good candidate, as long as cream and cheese are kept out (usually they
> are added). Of course, the bits of chicharrón should also be
> kept out.

Ah ok, didn't know it had chicharron.

> > 3.- SOPA DE CEBOLLA CON CROUTONES DE PAN.
> >      CALABACITAS  RELLENAS DE QUESO CON ESPECIA. (*)
> >      FRIJOLES REFRITOS.
> >      NIEVE DE LIMON.
> >
> > * Has cheese
>
> This could be easily substituted?