[Debconf-team] Re: translation for intel talk

Andreas Schuldei dijo [Sun, Apr 16, 2006 at 09:58:10AM +0200]:
> hi.
>
> after cutting breakfast and limiting ourselfs to 240 ppl we have some
> spare money.
>
> I also exchanged several mails with the intel person who was intending
> to do translate the intel talk to spanish. We noticed that he never did
> that before and would prefere to go for the save "one sentence at a
> time" approach instead of the syncrounous translation. I also got a
> a hunch that this talk would go pretty belly-up in that case.
>
> I think it would make intel happy and increase the overall
> impression and quality of debian-day if we hired a pro and syncrounous
> translation equipment for that talk. could you please make those
> arrangements?

Hi,

Ok, we had made some contacts in this regard earlier on. I don't have
them, and I just cannot follow this - Who can take care of this? In
the worst case, I can provide the simultaneous translation, but we
need to rent the equipment. Yes, I can provide a good enough
translation, and I'd like to be around the tower/at the talks during
DebianDay. I still don't like the idea of paying the fees for this
translation just for one talk!

> in unrelated news i am going for germany today for a week.
>
> i will try to attend the irc meeting on monday (when is that?).
>
> please mail me about the time of the meeting, please. I hope mail will
> work.

Monday 19UTC.

Greetings,

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23