Re: [Debconf-team] budget woes

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006, Marcela Tiznado wrote:

> What I suggest, is make people choose 2 meals from the 3 promised,
> nobody would die for having to pay for a meal or not having it. We
> have an average of 13290.20 USD per meal. Doing a quick guess people
> would skip lunch which is the most expensive meal! :)

From the debconf5 experience, I'd say that breakfast is probably the
least well attended meal; lunch almost everyone goes to, assuming
they're awake by then. [I think the only time I went to breakfast was
one of the nights I didn't sleep at all.]

http://gallery.donarmstrong.com/2005/07_july/022_aschwin_forces_safir_to_eat_while_andreas_looks_on_20050717.jpg

has a graphic example of how many people did not eat breakfast...

Don Armstrong

--
An elephant: A mouse built to government specifications.
 -- Robert Heinlein _Time Enough For Love_ p244