[Debconf-team] On the Debconf-sponsored food at Debcamp

Hi,

We had an idea today, I'd like to see your opinion in that regard:

During the Debconf week, yes, logistics make any personal choice on
menus much harder, as the cooks will have to satisfy ~300 people (252
registered people in Comas right now). However, during Debcamp, we
will probably be few enough to make it easier to please everybody's
taste.

Oaxtepec gives us group prices of $53 for breakfast, $70 for lunch and
$60 for dinner. The prices are not too distant from what you pay if
ordering a la carte. So, what if we give meal tickets (or whatever) to
the attendees, which are good for that amount, but they can order
whatever they want (well... We :) ), and pay from their pocket if it
costs extra? I'm sure we will all appreciate a bit extra choice.

Does anybody oppose? I haven't asked Oaxtepec about it, but I will do
it soon.

Greetings,

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23