Re: debconf registration

Holger Levsen dijo [Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 07:56:41PM +0200]:
> > Have done that, and I think I even have it somewhere. There are two
> > ways for doing this:
> > - Via a Zebra printer - a special printer which spits thermal-printed
>
> no, thats not neccessary. the beauty of "my" solution (i just borrowed it (and
> their laminator) from the friendly ccc hackers...) is that you can use plain
> normal paper and printers. as said, a duplex-printer and colored paper would
> be very nice...

Ok, good :) It's a bit more manual work - but it works :) And I agree
re: colored paper

> one question is, how big should the nametags be ? 54x86, 59x83 or 67x99 (all
> in millimeter) - I would prefer 54x86...

Heck, we can even make it 200x10 if we want to ;-) Not that many
people would wear it, but... If we are to cut and laminate it,
measures are not very important.

> >  we have to have them all ready beforehand, it'll be difficult
> >   for people just to walk in. Well, this might even be an advantage
> >   ;-)
>
> We'll make all the nametags on july 1st. so in the evening of july 1st, noone
> without a debconf nametag is allow on campus ;-)

/me prints nametag before leaving

> > I have done both ways, and IIRC I have the code ready for printing the
> > second alternative using LaTeX.
>
> could you mail me that code please, Gunnar ?

Of course:

http://www.comas-code.org/examples/make_nametags

I did a run of that over our (several days old) database, and got
this:

http://www.comas-code.org/examples/nametags.pdf

Of course, we are not ICGTMP and we will not be in Cocoyoc :)

greetings,

--
Gunnar Wolf - gwolf@gwolf.org - (+52-55)1451-2244 / 5623-0154
PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23