Re: status of reviewed papers

Alexander Schmehl dijo [Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 03:06:15PM +0200]:
> Martin-Éric Racine asked if we would like to print papers for the talks
> of Debian-Day.
>
> I don't see the need for adding Debian-Days papers to the conference
> precedings, since the visitors of DebConf and Debian Day are quite
> different.  However I think having a second printout for Debian-Day
> might be nice, but I neither know if we have the money for that, nor do
> I think it would be handy, since we don't know how many Debian-Day
> papers we would need tro print; it might be to late to ask all the
> Debian-Day speakers to create a paper, too.  What I COULD think of is a
> list of resources on the web with usefull pointers, e.g. ask the
> speakers to create a paper and put it somewhere (or at least put their
> slides online).

Debian-day is much more a show of simple stuff than a real
conference. I think that people will submit a paper if they _already_
have it written. I think we could print a leaflet, probably some 3 or
4 pages long, with only the abstracts for each of the talks, and links
to a website where we present the full papers, if any.

Greetings,

--
Gunnar Wolf - gwolf@gwolf.org - (+52-55)1451-2244 / 5623-0154
PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23