(discussion needed) setting up the tech infrastructure

Hi,

hereby I would like to propose an IRC meeting for discussing and planning the
technical infrastructure at debconf5. I think it would be very useful to have
this meeting (or rather to have the following (and more) topics solved
(more)) before our big debconf IRC meeting this monday, 19 UTC.

I'd either suggest any time on this weekend or monday, 18 UTC, maybe 17 UTC.
If we want to do it before monday 19 UTC, the date should be set today...

On the agenda I see:

- design/settle the network topology. We'll have machines in Smökki, in the
dorms (private computers in the sleeping rooms and the video stuff maybe
(IIRC this has not been sorted out, whether smökki or dorms)), the CSD (at
least lapttops), the students network (and $whereelse ?). Where are what
switches and what ip-addresses ?
Where are the following servers located:
- dns/dhcp server
- video fileserver
- video edit servers
- ldap server
(I want to put this information as a 2nd layer into
http://www.layer-acht.org/debconf5/overview_otaniemi.jpg)

- We'll need a hardware list, not only for insurance, but also for dns/dhcp
and to (be able to) assign FAI classes to it. The list should cover machine
type, assigned use of it, mac address, dns-name and physical location at
least.

- What/how to install these machines ? Plain debian-installer or skolelinux,
self build d-i or skolelinux ?

- During the last weekend I completly investigated how to update/maintain
skolelinux systems with FAI. Expect a fai_2.8.4.0.holger package (suited for
debconf) real soon now, hopefully by sunday thought it might 7 days more.

regards,
	Holger