Re: food and registration: a fiasco

On Sat, 2005-06-11 at 16:22 +0200, Andreas Schuldei wrote:
> please find attached three snapshots of the
> registratered/confirmed people count who requested food. Observe
> closely how the number in the bottom right corner steadily
> increases. observe also that we ordered food with the numbers as
> seen in the top scenario from the beginning of the month.
>
> The increase of these numbers is caused not so much by people who
> registered after registration closed (those are only a few) but
> much more by people confiming their attendance too late.

Is this ultimately caused by a mistake or inefficiency on our part?

If it is, we need to find a solution to take a solution as suggestion by
others in this thread.

If it isn't... did we communicate clearly this might cause problems? If
so, those people will just need to pay for their own food.
If not, I'd still say they pay for it themselves.
Naturally in both cases the situation is carefully explained. If someone
really doesn't have the money to pay for it themselves, we might to try
to find a solution for such an individual.

-Aschwin