Re: food and registration: a fiasco

Andreas Schuldei dijo [Sat, Jun 11, 2005 at 04:22:56PM +0200]:
> please find attached three snapshots of the
> registratered/confirmed people count who requested food. Observe
> closely how the number in the bottom right corner steadily
> increases. observe also that we ordered food with the numbers as
> seen in the top scenario from the beginning of the month.
>
> The increase of these numbers is caused not so much by people who
> registered after registration closed (those are only a few) but
> much more by people confiming their attendance too late.

Well, Andreas, we knew this would happen - people tend to register
late, but we did warn them with enough anticipation. I'd go either for
asking people who registered late to pay (I have a database snapshot
from 05/26 and one from 06/06, so I don't have the exact cutoff by the
day we announced, but anyway, we could accept a tolerance of five
extra days :) ).

I have manually registered, as you say, few people - I'd say five or
six. That's not as huge as what we have - and keeps growing. As for
today, I have this data:

Day         Regular  Vegetarian	Vegan	Other	No food Undefined
2005-07-01	6	2	0	0	0	0
2005-07-02	15	2	1	0	2	1
2005-07-03	17	2	1	0	2	1
2005-07-04	20	3	1	0	2	1
2005-07-05	27	5	1	0	2	1
2005-07-06	35	8	1	0	2	2
2005-07-07	36	8	1	0	2	2
2005-07-08	43	8	1	0	2	2
2005-07-09	74	14	1	0	2	2
2005-07-10	130	21	3	0	4	2
2005-07-11	181	27	5	0	17	4
2005-07-12	193	28	6	0	20	4
2005-07-13	197	28	6	0	20	4
2005-07-14	194	29	6	0	19	5
2005-07-15	190	29	6	0	19	5
2005-07-16	184	28	6	0	19	5
2005-07-17	150	20	6	0	12	4
2005-07-18	74	5	2	0	2	1
                1766	267	54	0	148	46

This means, we have a total of 2133 meals to pay. I don't have the
numbers, so I cannot just throw the total to pay.

I like Christian's idea. Nobody will feel pushed to pay by such a
decision, and I'm pretty sure we will get enough people to get to
level.

Greetings,

--
Gunnar Wolf - gwolf@gwolf.org - (+52-55)1451-2244 / 5623-0154