Re: debconf registration

Hi,

On Tuesday 21 June 2005 19:17, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> Have done that, and I think I even have it somewhere. There are two
> ways for doing this:
> - Via a Zebra printer - a special printer which spits thermal-printed

no, thats not neccessary. the beauty of "my" solution (i just borrowed it (and
their laminator) from the friendly ccc hackers...) is that you can use plain
normal paper and printers. as said, a duplex-printer and colored paper would
be very nice...

one question is, how big should the nametags be ? 54x86, 59x83 or 67x99 (all
in millimeter) - I would prefer 54x86...

>  we have to have them all ready beforehand, it'll be difficult
>   for people just to walk in. Well, this might even be an advantage
>   ;-)

We'll make all the nametags on july 1st. so in the evening of july 1st, noone
without a debconf nametag is allow on campus ;-)

> I have done both ways, and IIRC I have the code ready for printing the
> second alternative using LaTeX.

could you mail me that code please, Gunnar ?

> > - have the notebooks there to had them out to people needing one.
> >   make sure they get the same notebook every day. have procedure
> >   in place to check notebooks in and out.
> Wouldn't it be easier if you got a notebook to keep for the entire
> Debconf? We can take your passport/ID as a warranty. And you can turn
> it in for keysigning.

And you can hack at night. I'm also pro all-debconf-rentals, but dunno if
there are reasons against it...

regards,
	Holger