Re: disfunctional press-team?

On Sat, Apr 23, 2005 at 07:40:10PM +0200, Andreas Schuldei wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Did i miss it or was the press realease never sent?

Hi,

I guess I should also comment as I am/was member of the press team and
therefore partly guilty.

There was a press release written by Martin-Eric Racine on Feb 8th,
commented by me and Aschwin van der Woude among others.

In about one day we came up with a couple of fixes which should have been
made to the text and then it could have been sent, but somehow it didn't
happen.

> I am sure you are aware that the press-work is important to keep
> the sponsors happy and devoted to support us even in the future.

Yes, it is important.

I think more rather than finding the culpits we should now concentrate on
what we can put into a press release now and then do it. Now we've had the
registration open and several more details worked out so we can say a bit
more than in the beginning of February.

Here's the previous press release draft by Martin-Eric, with the two
modifications suggested by me applied:

----------

PRESS RELEASE (draft, not to be released yet!)

6th annual Debian Conference

Following previous successfull events in Norway and Brazil, the Debian
project proudly invites you to its 6th annual Debian Conference on July
10th-18th 2005 at the Helsinki University of Technology, in Espoo, Finland.

DebConf gathers free software developers from all around the globe for a
week-long series of intensive development, seminars and workshops. Targetted
as the main venue for Debian contributors to improve key aspects of Debian
and to present an overview of their work on Debian, Debconf5 is also an
excellent opportunity for corporations and governments to discover the
benefits of the world's most mature GNU/Linux distribution.

DebConf is organized in collaboration with one of Finland's leading free
software think tanks, Linux-Aktivaattori, along with financial support from
Hostway, HP, IBM, Movial, Nokia and SLX-Debian-Labs.

About Debian

Debian GNU/Linux is a free operating system, developed by nearly one
thousand world-wide volunteers collaborating via the Internet. Debian's
dedication to Free Software, its non-profit nature, and its open development
model makes it unique among GNU/Linux distributions.

The Debian project's key strengths are its volunteer base, its dedication to
the Debian Social Contract, and its commitment to provide the best operating
system possible.

http://www.debian.org/

About Linux-Aktivaattori

Linux-Aktivaattori is a non-profit organisation promoting the use of Linux
in corporate, governmental and individual environments. Linux-Aktivaattori
acts as a community-driven organisation that stimulates the adoption and
development of Free and Open Source software, and is an umbrella
organisation for such efforts in Finland.