Re: Drafting DebConf5 press releases

On Sun, 2005-04-24 at 07:49 -0300, Marcela Tiznado wrote:
> Should the press release include information about Debian Day which
> takes place the 9th of July?

Yes, I think this should be announced. We have three choices: in press
release 1 (PR1), in press release 2 (PR2), or separately.

> >      1. Announce DebConf5: time, place and general information. Also,
> >         where to register.
> >      2. Announce DebConf5 talks: short blurb with general information,
> >         then more details about the talks this year.

Perhaps PR1 or separately are the best choices. PR2 already will contain
quite a lot of information.

We need information about Debian Day: what is it, where is it, when is
it, who is it for, what will happen, (and why)? If anyone can answer,
please provide some "raw data". If the information is not yet available,
please advise on when it could be available and where.

Cheers,
--
Fabian Fagerholm <fabbe@paniq.net>