Re: about the video+administration meeting yesterday

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005, Holger Levsen wrote:
> AFAIU wired mics are easier and better to handle (less possibilities
> for interferences) for recording, so I would tell those reasons to
> the speakers (and try to get long wires!) and rather use wired mics.

You can record just as easily using a wireless mike... in fact, almost
no non-stationary artist on stage uses a non-wireless mike. [Hell,
even few lead guitarists are actually wired.]

The trick is, as always, to:

 1) Have good equipment
 2) Stay within range
 3) Replace the batteries often

The issues with a wired mike are also quite numerous, because most
people don't have much experience holding the things in a proper
manner, and keeping them at the same distance throughout their talk.
Esp. if you're giving a new talk, often the last thing on your mind is
making sure you keep the mike a consistent distance from your mouth.
Not to mention the fact that the cords get everywhere and invariably
you trip over the things.

Of course, wired mikes are a good backup plan just in case the
wireless mikes decide that they want to pick up the local radio
station's tower feed.

Don Armstrong

--
Unix, MS-DOS, and Windows NT (also known as the Good, the Bad, and
the Ugly).