Infrastructure to hack & videostream: what do we have / need

Hi, esp. mooch and liiwi :-)

this is the list of questions I have at the moment about the infrastructure to
debconf. This list is not related to (has not been uploaded to)
http://wiki.debian.net/?DebConf5TodoAdministration, although most points from
there are here.

I would like to propose a meeting with you, mooch and liiwi, some time soon on
irc at #debconf-team, this week at european daytime prefered.

My idea is to install the machines with d-i or FAI (depending on what is more
easy) and to maintain/update/distribute configurations with FAI.

Infrastructure to hack: what do we have / need ? (IMO)

- one (lockable) server room at the house where we staying (can't remember the
name (now, will learn) :)
- what is the layout of the physical RJ45 infrastructure ? how many, where and
what switches are needed ? (blueprints or a simplefied map of the area would
be good ;)
- what is the layout of the wireless ifrastructure ?

- we need 3 firewire video cameras with tripods (assuming we have 3
simulatious timeslots)
- we need 3 servers with firewire for video-recordings and streaming (3ghz,
200gb hd)
- we need one person or team responsible to get volunteers maintain the
cameras and actual recordings!

- we need 1 fileserver for user-directories
- we need "number crunchers" for developers (and a concept for using them)
- printer(s)
- we need 1 server for LDAP, DNS, Proxy, FAI (or 2?)
- we need 1 fat router to provide ipsec to the wireless clients (and a howto
to use it)
- we need 1 router / firewall
- 1 video projector to display all the passwords going over the wires in
cleartext :-)))

Everybody, please comment on anything - esp. if you volunteer to do something,
have something to ask or add.

regards,
 Holger