Re: Interest in off-site, full-time child-care at DebConf15

also sprach Sebastian Silva <sebastian@fuentelibre.org> [2015-04-06 20:07 +0200]:
> So, the closer we have our children to us, the easier it will be
> for both my wife and I to focus on the sprint and the conference.

What sort of proximity are we talking about? The organisers of this
"Forest Pedagogy", as you call it, have made it quite clear that
they do not want the kids to return to their parents or be visited
by their parents on a regular basis. They are intending to spend
independent time with them and I am sure you well know that it costs
a lot of time to split parents and kids, which is why they want to
do that once only, ideally.

(obviously, in case of need, this is not a hard requirement…)

Does this make sense? If this is a showstopper for you, then please
be aware that the venue is child-friendly by itself and we could
have babysitters there. So the "forest pedagogy" is really just an
optional add-on…

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`
  `-  DebConf15: Heidelberg, Germany: http://debconf15.debconf.org