Re: Teckids workshops at DebConf15

Hi Dominik,

your message made my heart jump and I am pretty sure many others
will be excited. Just before reading, someone came on IRC and said:

  < someone> man, teckids is so cool!
  < someone> pity Nina is only 3 months old now
  < someone> madduck: tnx for contacting them; it would truly rock if we
             could get them @ dc

Richi is the one in charge of this, but he just left for Asia, so
let me just write back with a few comments:

> WHAT WE NEED
> ============
>
>  * One or two rooms to run workshops in, providing tables and chairs
>
>  * Ethernet uplink with unfiltered internet access and DHCP to connect
>    our workshop server to

Consider these done.

>  * Travel and lodging costs being reimbursed by DebConf, at least
>    a reasonable part

I am pretty sure we can cover those costs, but of course I need to
know the number of people we're talking about. We have the entire
youth hostel to ourselves, so unless you all require single rooms
(which we don't have, maybe with one exception or so), then it
should not be a problem at all.

>  * Some communication and groundwork to get DebConf and teckids'
>    proceedings aligned

Sure thing! You initially wrote about the three days between 15 and
17 August. Considering that we expect some people to still arrive on
the 15th, maybe 16–18 August would be a better range? I think it
would fit with our schedule nicely.

When should we discuss these details? Can this wait until after the
Easter holidays?

How many kids can participate in this?

Cool stuff! Thanks a lot guys!

--