Re: Fwd: Party time on 2023-09^2

Hi there,

On Sat, Sep 09, 2023 at 01:33:24PM +0530, Evangelos Ribeiro Tzaras wrote:
> > Do we want to convert floor 9 to the party floor?
>
> Any takers?

I'm glad to see you're having fun around during the night, but I wanted to give
you some input because this whole thing has a clear potential to cause
annoyance to others.

I'll give you my own example. We arrived last night with our 1yo baby and were
tragically assigned to #907. After tiredly unpacking all our stuff I got to read
some IRC backlog and decided to move away as soon as I got to know there was
about 20 folks consuming alcohol and making music in the room beside ours a few
minutes before -- and that being only the prelude of something to be repeated
in the coming days.

Please remember that some people prefer to sleep at night, rather than hacking
or partying -- yes yes, even during a Debconf! And they even deserve some
respect :-)

Anyway, the hotel staff was wonderful and quickly helped us switching rooms.
Moreover, they mentioned that many guests complained about your noise last
night. It's also important to know that there are many others in the building
that aren't related to the conference.

I'd rather not make any suggestions to address this issue here, but I'm
counting on the maturity of dear debianites and the judgment of the awesome
orga team on this.

Bests,

--
Tiago Vaz