Re: DebConf23 Daily Announcement mail - 6th September 2023

On Wed, 06 Sep 2023 23:47:13 +0530, Anupa Ann Joseph wrote:

> If you are planning to attend the Conference Dinner on the 14th, please
> double-check that you are signed up to do so.  We have to provide the
> number of attendees to the dinner venue by the 11th, so please make
> sure that we know (or rather, our registration system knows) that you
> want to attend by then.

I'll be on a different continent this evening, so it doesn't affect
me, but if I were there, I'd have one question, and maybe it's
interesting for the actual attendees as well:

Is the Conference Dinner an indoor or an outdoor event?

The reason I (would) ask this question is that I was caught by
surprise last year when I learned by accident on IRC 1.5 hours before
the start that the conference dinner was indoor. At that time I
considered it a very bad idea to put 200 people without masks in a
room during a pandemic, and given the anecdotic evidence of
infections a couple of days later I'm still convinced that my not
attending was a good idea.

Whereever the Conference Dinner takes place this year -- I think the
potential attendees might be happy to learn earlier where it happens
in order to be able to make their informed decisions according to
their personal COVID-19 policies.

Cheers,
gregor

--
 .''`.  https://info.comodo.priv.at -- Debian Developer https://www.debian.org
 `. `'  Member VIBE!AT & SPI Inc. -- Supporter Free Software Foundation Europe