Re: AI BoF

On Fri, Sep 1, 2023 at 2:05 AM Aigars Mahinovs <aigarius@gmail.com> wrote:
IMHO we are missing one big topic in the current DebConf schedule - the explosion of large language models and other generative AI models. This is raising questions of what is or could be Debian role in these developments?

So the question from my side is - is anyone who will be there at DebConf and is feeling competent enough to chat about this topic, maybe also give a quick summary of what the landscape of this functionality and its challenges is currently, to start the discussion?

My debconf12 talk still makes some points that resisted the test of time [1] [2].

I have been looking for an excuse to become involved with Debian again, this might be it.

If time-zones allow it, I'd love to attend remotely such a BoF.

[1] https://meetings-archive.debian.net/pub/debian-meetings/2012/debconf12/high/888_Machine_learning_threats_and_opportunities_for_Debian_and_Free_Software.ogv
[2] http://duboue.net/papers/2012debconf.pdf