Re: Power supplies and sockets

Mohd Bilal dijo [Wed, Aug 02, 2023 at 05:00:47AM +0530]:
> > I'm aware that India uses three standards, types C D and M. Are all three
> > in common use across the country, or do some regions use each one?
>
> Generally, Type C and Type D plugs are more common.
>
> > Are the triple-standard sockets seen in
> > https://people.debian.org/~gwolf/DC23_Kochi/IMG_1318.JPG common? Which do
> > the conference venue and accomodation provide?
>
> These are not as commons as the standard sockets specific to each type. But
> you may find them in hotels, airports, and some tourist destinations or
> major cities. Our accommodation mostly has these triple standard sockets.
> I'm sure about the main venue (Infopark) someone else from the local team
> could clarify this

You will find (almost?) exclusively this kind of sockets in the hotel,
which is good news for all foreign travellers. I don't recall whether
it was also the case for Infopark (the main auditorium will be there,
~5min away from the hotel), but in all of the rooms, auditoriums and
public places in the Four Points Sheraton, this is the only kind of
socket I saw.