Re: Flying out via Skopje

On Sat, Jul 16, 2022 at 04:11:20PM +0200, Enrico Zini wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for ferry alternatives for my trip back home, and I see
> there's a reasonably priced flight to Bologna from Skopje.
>
> Question: how hard is it to reach Skopje? Would it be a good idea to
> attempt traveling for there?

My plan was to take the bus from Prizren directly to Skopje, and then
from Skopje to Skopje Airport. But there are more frequent buses from
Prizren to Pristina and then Pristina to Skopje.

At least the bus from Skopje to Prizren took longer than expected, it
left at 16:00 and I arrived around 19:30. It stops at a lot of places.
The ticket costs me 580 MKD (9.41 EUR).

The bus between Skopje and the airport isn't very frequent, I think it's
about every 2 hours. That costs 180 MKD (2.92 EUR).

For the airport to Skopje I think it was supposed to leave at 13:20 in the
airport, it arrived around 13:00, we could start boarding it around
13:35 and it left around 13:45. It dropped us of near the bus station,
not where the other buses depart. I'm not sure where it's going to pick you
up so make sure to ask where you need to be.

It dropped me off here:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/144759766

I assume pick up is here:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/144759850

While the other buses have platforms here:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/446307169

Taxi's are relative cheap. From Prizren to Skopje airport is
100 EUR. If the bus from Skopje to the airport schedule is
not ok, consider taking a taxi.

Kurt