Re: Will pre-recorded only talk be accepted for DebConf22?

Hi Kentaro (2022.03.28_13:26:39_+0000)
> I knew DebConf22 will be held as in-person event.
> In recent DebConf, I could participate by submitting a pre-recorded
> talk and attending live streaming for Q&A.
>
> In DebConf22, can we participate in one of the presentations?

We haven't found a good way to do Q&A with a remote presenter, on a
stage at DebConf. Our attempts at it so far have required the full
attention of the core video team, and we can't provide that for more
than a couple of events in the conference.

This is something that the video team (CCed) would like to continue to
experiment with and improve on. But we aren't able to support a
significant remote-presenter presence at DebConf, yet.

Without any kind of interaction with an audience in a conference
theatre, an entirely remote track would be far more doable. We aren't
intending to do something like that at DebConf 22, at this time. I guess
if there was significant interest, we could reconsider that...

Basically, supporting any of these things needs time and work from the
video team. And, since COVID-19, we haven't had any of the usual sprints
to improve infrastructure.

SR

--
Stefano Rivera