Re: [OT] Re: Debconf in Israel

On 3/28/19 2:52 AM, René Mérou wrote:
> For the soft interpretation, If you have one heart of a specifically  killed
> non-volunteer donor, you are not to blame if you here not informed and you
> wouldn't accept it voluntarily.

You are pulling this out of thin air, it's a completely constructed example.

> For example, if you where now multimillionaire due to your father selling
> narcotics or you could have a lot of art goods due to the fact that your
> father was a tyrant that stole all that from other people.  So, now you are
> rich but your money is full of blood or, you have a lot of priceless peaces of
> art stolen.

Virtually any wealth that was accumulated through illegal business is confiscated
by legal prosecutors and either kept by the government or - if the rightful
owners can be determined - returned to them.

> The fallacy is that you focused on the initial decision and obviously no one
> is to blame for one decision done without his participation but, you forgot
> the key idea:  sometimes you are to blame from profiting from one unfair
> situation.

There is no fallacy because the situations you are describing are based on
wrong assumptions.

> Will you force the German banks to return the money and stolen art to
> familiars? I think that having this precepts enshrined in our standards or in
> our moral compass would conduct us to better societies and more happiness.

I don't have to because the German government is enforcing that on their own,
a lot of property that was stolen by the Nazis has already been returned to
their original owners or their relatives. This is an ongoing process.

Did you know that up until recently, Germany was still paying reparations
for even World War I?

> https://abcnews.go.com/International/germany-makes-final-reparation-payments-world-war/story?id=11755920

> Sorry if I wrote here, I thought this subject as others, are better been
> openly spoken with respect (and of course, avoiding flames).  To silent or
> censure it leaves emotions unspoken and that leads to worst consequences than
> a patient constructive dialogue.

It would have helped if you educated yourself first on the examples you provided
before trying to construct some sort of morality lesson out of them.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz