Re: The tone of discussion on this list

I appreciate the reply, but apologize but I'm still confused, and I think the lack of a definition is a cop-out and I find it ironic that someone who has the ability to moderate discussion cannot even define the rubric they are using to do so!

> Israel has been murdering Muslims for
> countless years and the state of Israel sits on occupied Palestinian land

Amin is indeed being slightly graphic but this is a factually true statement:
* Palestinians (who are mostly muslims) are killed nearly daily:
https://www.ochaopt.org/data/casualties, and by international law
* Israel is illegally occupying Palestinian land: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_law_and_Israeli_settlements

Do you take issue with him using the word "murder" rather than "kill" or "shoot"?

Do we have guidelines to know what is the appropriate terminology? It's unfortunate that we need to have these conversations, but when people's lives and families 'dying' (to use the least inflammatory word possible), how do you expect people to reply?

> Debian having a conference in contestedland where military conflict and
> oppressive acts are occurring is unacceptable."

This is merely Amin expressing his view of the situation.

- Ghassan Kanafani
Debian Contributor