Re: When will the List of applicants whose Bursary request have been accepted will be Announced

Hi Manas,

(here a few words from a former bursaries team member)

On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 08:24:44PM +0530, Manas Kashyap wrote:
> Pardon me, if it sounded rude. But my idea behind asking this was not to
> disrespect someone or community. I just wanted to know so that I can get
> tickets at a low price and plan my trip accordingly.

You didn't sound rude at all. And your questions is very pertinent since
this is a recurring DebConf issue. The whole bursaries process has been
improved a lot over the years and I have a hope that a solution for the
late confirmation problem will be reached at some point. Ranking
(partially) depends on other factors well, such as talks selection and
available budget (output from other teams). I'm sure that team members
are doing their best to speed the process, but it's still quite complex.

> Sorry for disturbance and I really appreciate the hard work by the
> volunteers to make this event a successful one,

No need to be sorry :-) If you have any questions you can contact the
bursaries team directly via bursaries@debconf.org.

Bests,

--
tiago