Re: When will the List of applicants whose Bursary request have been accepted will be Announced

at bottom :-

On 15/04/2018, Manas Kashyap <manaskashyaptech@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hola everyone ,
>
> I am Manas kashyap , a Debian contributor and ihave applied for Debconf
> 2018 , and applied for Bursary , as without Bursary i can't be able to
> attend this conference , so i wanted to know When will the List of
> applicants whose Bursary request have been accepted will be Announced.
> So, that i can make the arrangements and get the tickets as soon as
> possible and be at the Debconf and Debsprint on time .
>
> Hoping to get a Good reply soon .

Dear Manas,

I am just a Debian contributor just like you. I would like you to see
https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf/DebConf/TravelSponsorship which
may answer some of your questions.

It basically boils down to evaluating your request against some
others. The only thing I would suggest is to have patience. While I do
not know the makeup of the team (and also not interested to know) do
know they are all volunteers who have to look at all applications,
weed out the spurious ones, rank the ones which are serious in order
of how it would further Debian's cause for years to come.  Mind you,
all of this is done on their own time, they are not paid for it and
they do not get contribution in the open as you or whoever might do
when doing either commits for some software package, documentation
etc.

So assume good faith have and have patience.

Good luck for your application :)

--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल