Re: [Debconf-discuss] PDF reading/editing issues

On 19 June 2017 at 04:37, Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 12:47:00PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
>> Does this mean that only people that can (or know a friend that can)
>> accept the terms of use from Microsoft and Apple are allowed to visit
>> Debconf?
>
> no, many people don't need a visa to visit Canada, eg, you and me and at
> least a billion other people. probably 66% of the Debian contributor
> population are included in this. (our distribution on the globe is skewed…)
>
> and then you can also use Microsoft and Apple products, without
> accepting there terms of use. Been there, done that.
>
> and then, I'm sure there is a way to make this work on linux somehow,
> if only with wine as the last ressort.

I was quite successful using Adobe Reader 9.* from Ubuntu partner
repository. It's old, it's non-free, but it did the job for me.

Another option, I heard, it to try and use Adobe Reader on Android.
Non-free as well, but reportedly works.

--
Cheers,
  Andrew