Re: [Debconf-discuss] RVC to CdM by bike?

> Le 7 août 2017 à 11:43, Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@debian.org> a écrit :

[snip]

> Martin Borgert led the way. We stated West on University, then North
> by Des Pins, West again somewhere(?), then continued North by Rachel
> almost all the way. We entered Parc Lafontaine just because it was
> there, but continued by the same street (Rachel), until Chambly, which
> is two blocks away from Maisonneuve. There is a bit of slope, but
> perfectly manageable even being in the high gears of a heavy bike I
> never used before.

Just a word on directions in Montreal.  The street grid is laid out at roughly 45 degrees diagonal to North/South line.  Though University is closer to East/West than it is to North/South, Montrealers consider University a North/South street.  It took me a while to figure this out when I first got here which lead to me heading off in the wrong way after having asked someone for directions.

So, according to the Montreal sense of direction, you went North on University, East on des Pins, North again somewhere, then East on Rachel. :)  I hope this will help you during your remaining time here!

Happy cycling!

znoteer