Re: [Debconf-discuss] matrix chats

On Sat, Jul 29, 2017 at 02:50:36AM +0000, Holger Levsen wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 11:43:46PM +0200, Zlatan Todoric wrote:
> > I am interested in what privacy concerns as I don't want to provide an app
> > that is invasive in privacy field (we have already full of those in
> > world)...
>
> you see who has read something in a group chat and you also see when people
> are typing???

[1] Due the federate design of the matrix protocol is that "privicay breach"[2]
limited to the chat group.

Thing I'm trying to say: The answer on "Facebook messenger", "Skype",
"What's app" and such  will not be perfect.
Please give "Matrix" a chance.

Groeten
Geert Stappers

Footnotes:
[1] Networking truth number seven, from https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1925.txt
   (7)  It is always something
        (7a) (corollary). Good, Fast, Cheap:
             Pick any two (you can't have all three).
[2] Other might call it a convinence option

--
Leven en laten leven