Re: [Debconf-discuss] matrix chats

Hi Holger,

On 07/27/2017 05:41 PM, Holger Levsen wrote:
hi,

I'd be interested to chat about the matrix.org chat system with folks at
DebConf.

Currently I'm using the riot-web client installed as a binary .deb in a
dedicated VM, but I would a.) prefer a .deb from Debian and b.) actually
rather used a text based client (though I do appreciate the nice multimedia
integration, so I'm not fully sure I really want b.) or mabye just not
b=irssi.

Dunno for sure, that's why I'd like to talk. Please share how you use matrix
chats, if you do.

Purism plans to package it directly into Debian (the Riot app) and I use it on my Android phone - it is pretty much great experience. Easy to join, and audio/video calls work out of the box (our CEO used desktop client to video call me on my phone and it worked without issues).