Re: [Debconf-discuss] Speeding up the installer (Was: installation report on installation failure and having net install for minimal installations .)

in-line :-

On 24/04/2017, Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 03:43:55AM +0530, shirish शिरीष wrote:
>> Another query, is the eatmydata-udeb available in net install image ?
>
> That's easy to figure out:
>
> https://cdimage-search.debian.org/
>
> Do switch on the "daily-builds" option (since jessie doesn't seem to have
> an
> eatmydata-udeb package, yet)
>
> (answer: yes, it's on the netinstall)

aha, thank you for that pointer.

> [...]
>> What types of network connections are supported during installation?
>
> Good point. You can look at the list of packages on the netinstall
> images (these are available through
> http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current/amd64/list-cd/), but it
> requires a certain level of technical expertise. Perhaps this is
> documented in the installation manual, though? Not sure.

I just had a look and at least to my untrained eyes, I couldn't find
anything about WLAN on
https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/amd64/ch02s04.html.en#idp71044192
. It does talk about PPPoE but that's about it.

I am guessing this part would be over-hauled a bit once stretch is released.

There is talk of having ESSID and the WEP or WPA/WPA2 keys in chapter
3 but it seems it is in connection with Live DVD's or 'big' iso images
from the content of the same page.

--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल