[Debconf-discuss] Speeding up the installer (Was: installation report on installation failure and having net install for minimal installations .)

[shirish शिरीष]
> 3. Net install for minimal installations - Doing full installations is
> very time-consuming. Here the usb disks as well as ATA/IDE are both
> bottlenecks and a desktop install takes at least 30-45 minutes.

One way to try to speed up the installation a bit is to install the
eatmydata-udeb package when using d-i.  I believe booting the installer
with this kernel argument should do the trick:

  preseed/early_command="anna-install eatmydata-udeb"

How much time you save will depend on how many packages you want to
install.

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen