Re: [Debconf-discuss] Video subtitling

On Sun, Aug 23, 2015 at 9:01 PM, Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault@ens-lyon.org> wrote:
That's why I'd advise speakers to work on writing the raw transcript
of their own talk, i.e. just the raw text. This is really easy for the
person who spoke, since the two problems above go away, and one can
hope (s)he knows quite well what (s)he wanted to say :) About anybody
else can then easily work on the subtitling itself (splitting the raw
transcript in pieces and syncing on the video), which will be made a lot
less work.

believe it or not some people has joined the subs effort just to subtitle their own talk... which is amazing!

I just finished the raw transcript of Enrico's semi serious stand up comedy. Its only missing the sync part.

The sync part is really easy to do and less time consuming than the transcript part.

If you havent watch that talk and intend to do it, its a good way to help! Just drop by #debconf-subs and say hi, or take a look at our wiki [0]

You can fry the brain of the transcriber if you make him watch the talk he just watched and wrote down in minute detail one more time to do the sync!

And of course, work in any of the other talks is also appreciated, we are low in volunteers ;)

[0] https://debconf.org/wiki/Videoteam/Subtitles