Re: [Debconf-discuss] [Debconf-announce] First recorded videos live!

[Holger Levsen]
> I think this is a nice idea as long as you don't publish *all* videos
> there, but instead provide a selection of *known very good ones*, to
> actually *attract* people with *interesting* videos ;-)

Thank you.

I definitely plan to only show ones I have seen and liked (or someone
else have seen and liked - please send me tips of stuff suitable for
broadcasting).  But I will also drop a few I liked, like one showing two
racoons in a tree, as the four minutes of video seem completely unfit
for national broadcasting... :)

> As a rough guesstimate I suppose this means not showing 25-50% of
> them, eg I think it's better to leave out many bofs.

Thank you for the tip.  I have not yet seen all (and suspect I never
will find time to do so), but will check out as many as I can, and ask
for help from the NUUG community to review the videos to figure out
which ones we want to re-broadcast. :)

My plan is to create a script that accept a list of URLs/references to
Debconf talks, fetches the meta-info and upload video and meta-info to
Frikanalen (Frikanalen have a web API to handle this. :).  For this to
work I need a good mapping between meta-info and video files.

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen