Re: [Debconf-discuss] "Do not photograph" checkbox in registration

> I'd love to hear from people like Micah who did check the box and
> who were frustrated this year if they think such a solution would
> work well.

I am in the same position as Micah, especially since I've been
raising this issue for many years, and since I generally don't want
my photos released in public space.

Differently coloured lanyards would work under three conditions:

  1. people actually respect them,

  2. we find 95%-proof means to blur people with those lanyards, and

  3. those people always wear those lanyards when cameras are
     around.

But I think that all three of those fail:

  1. In the heat of the moment, you might not see the lanyard;

  2. Having done picture analysis for many years, this is neigh
     impossible. It could be done by a human. Are we ready to expect
     this from everyone, at the risk of demotivating e.g. Aigars?

  3. I do take my lanyard off occasionally, e.g. when playing
     Frisbee, or at the pub. What now?

Unfortunately, other than human post-processing, or conference-wide
vetting (default to non-publishing), I don't have any better
solutions.

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`
  `-  DebConf15: Heidelberg, Germany: http://debconf15.debconf.org