Re: [Debconf-discuss] "Do not photograph" checkbox in registration

also sprach Aigars Mahinovs <aigarius@gmail.com> [2014-09-04 12:33 -0700]:
> I think that is a very good idea, I was asking feedback from such
> people in the original email too, but a direct mailing with
> anonymised response would be quite nice. I will, however, take
> someone to actually do it and some time.

I can trivially send out a message to everyone who checked that box
at DC14. I would want to check with the team first though. Should
I forward your message to -discuss to them, or do you want to
provide a slightly different one?

> On a side note: I am note aware of any legal or privacy problems
> occuring from uploading public CC/GPL-licensed photos to either
> Google Plus or Flickr (paid version in both cases)

Do their terms of service not include any form of implicit copyright
transferral, e.g. what Facebook does? IANAL, but if you upload
a picture to Facebook, you are giving it to them for whatever their
use may be. If that use is in violation of the licence on the data,
then I'd say *you* as the uploader are the one breaching the
licence.

So this is less about privacy (but also…), than it is about
licencing.

--
@martinkrafft | http://madduck.net/ | http://two.sentenc.es/

"courage is not the absence of fear, but the decision
 that something else is more important than fear."
                                                  -- ambrose redmoon

spamtraps: madduck.bogus@madduck.net