Re: [Debconf-discuss] "Do not photograph" checkbox in registration

also sprach Josh Triplett <josh@joshtriplett.org> [2014-09-04 12:00 -0700]:
> For that matter, perhaps the conference organizers could send
> a single mail to the set of people who checked that box during
> registration, requesting input on this topic?

We could, but for what purpose? Let's just assume that 50% write
back saying that they object to being photographed. In the context
of Aigars honest and thoughtful mail, this would put us in a very
difficult situation without an easy way out.

So instead, in response to Aigars mail, I am leaning more towards
changing our policy and making it clear to attendees up front that
they are in public space.

The only thing I would like to see changed is that the photo data
don't go to Google or Flickr or whoever else, but stay on our own
infrastructure with a clear message that they must not appear on
Facebook or other such thievery services.

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`
  `-  DebConf15: Heidelberg, Germany: http://debconf15.debconf.org
      DebConf16 in your country? https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16